Weddings at Quay Place
A totally unique wedding experience
St Mary at the Quay is a nationally important, Grade II* medieval building, a beautiful piece of architecture, and an important landmark on the Ipswich waterfront that was recently renovated to a very high standard! The venue, a stones throw from Ipswich town centre and Registry Office, has all of the character and charm you would expect from a former place of worship but with a modern twist.
With its high ceilings and a unique mix of old and new architectural design enabling natural light to pour in, the venue provides a beautiful setting for special celebrations.
Offering exclusive hire of the Nave, contemporary and stylish design, meshed with traditional English Heritage, Quay Place provides a relaxed and enjoyable environment for your special day. With it's state of the art internal features such as under floor heating, mood lighting, latest audio visual and communications technology and full length sliding doors opening out onto an attractive private courtyard, this is a truly stunning place to hold your wedding.
We have put together some wonderful wedding packages take into account our traditional and modern values; we can offer you venue and catering only packages, or choose from one of our all inclusive wedding packages.
Our in house caterers pride themselves on their quality service and the presentation of their food. The team is friendly and very flexible whilst always being efficient and happy to help.
Using only fresh locally produced meats and, wherever possible, local produce from Suffolk suppliers, the chefs will produce something tasty and traditional or modern and refreshing true to the feel of Quay Place.
For a memorable and modern menu you need creativity, good ingredients and flexibility. We have a selection of beautiful menus to choose from, but if you want to be imaginative with your menu we are happy to assist.
The Blissful Package includes:
- A dedicated wedding planner
- The Nave hired for the Wedding Breakfast and Evening Reception
- An Arrival Drink for all of your guests, served on salver by uniformed staff
- Three Course Wedding Breakfast from the ‘Blissful Menu’ including two glasses of house wine per person
- White Table Linen and Napkins
- Evening mixed food served by our roving waiting staff with boards and paddles.
All For £87 per person (Price is inclusive of VAT and is based on 60 day and evening guests). Please ask should you need to adjust the number of guests joining you.
A Suffolk wedding venue with a difference.
If you would like to discuss your wedding or to view the venue, our friendly wedding team wll be on site on the dates below:
- Friday 22nd September – 10am to 3pm
- Friday 6th October – 2pm to 7pm
- Friday 20th October – 10am to 3pm
- Friday 3rd November – 2pm to 7pm
- Friday 17th November – 10am to 3pm
- Friday 1st December – 2pm to 7pm
- Friday 15th December – 10am to 3pm
Alternatively, call us on 01473 917795 to arrange a private tour with our wedding planner for a time that suit you!