Quay Place heritage & wellbeing centre offers a stunning and uplifting setting where people can meet, discover and connect with themselves and others. The venue is perfect for all your business meetings and community events, as well as wellbeing activities and wedding receptions and celebrations.
Built during the 15th Century, St Mary-at-the-Quay Church in the heart of the Ipswich docklands, was a place of sanctuary for the local community. One of three medieval churches built in this area, the past wealth and prosperity of the town is reflected in various parts of the building, including the decoration, and in the carving of the spectacular double hammer beam roof.
Throughout the decades, as the fortunes of Ipswich have risen and fallen like the tides, St Mary at the Quay stood steadfastly, serving the community that surrounds it. Thanks to an innovative regeneration partnership between Suffolk Mind and The Churches Conservation Trust, aided by £3.6 million of Heritage Lottery Fund money, the Church was saved and became Quay Place.
Quay Place is now once again a much loved building in the heart of the community which many future generations can enjoy:
- You can learn and enjoy the diverse history of the Ipswich waterfront in an engaging and interactive way through a range of heritage activities and events for all the family.
- Use the space as a modern venue for community, corporate, wellbeing and heritage activities.
- Energise and refresh both body and mind through a range of wellbeing activities
• Monday to Thursday – 9.00am – 9.00pm
• Friday – 9.00am – 5pm
• Saturday and Sunday – open for large events
Please note we will usually be closed on Bank Holiday Mondays and are sometimes closed for events; please check before planning a visit.